httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Funny stuff with content negotiation
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:20:41 GMT
On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> I've also seen duplication on an OPTIONS request. Haven't dug into it yet.

I noticed similar duplication on a HEAD request to that Australian site
someone mentioned here: strangely, some fields were missing and one
differed in case. In that case, the duplication started with a second 200
status code, then some (but not all) fields of the header.

Perhaps the fields missing from the second copy would point to where to
look: I'll dig up that transcript and see what the differences were. It
looked as if something was generating a header into the body section???

> Offhand, I have no idea on what is happending below. I'd guess something
> whacky with the header filter (e.g. not removing itself properly).

Something odd regurgitating part of the header might explain it... Very
odd, anyway!

James.