httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: environment variable settings are bad
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:21:22 GMT
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> why didn't we just stick with -X and use -N for no_detach?

when i made the MPM a module it no longer had access to argv/argc and i
was making a zillion other changes at the time and didn't feel like making
a new API for command line arguments.  environment variables got me going.

only issue with the hash someone proposed is that if multiple modules now
have access to the command line how do you avoid ambiguous command line
switches?  i.e. switches with multiple users?

also on -D -- i always claimed it was a mistake for -D to not use
environment variables.

-dean