httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: make distclean
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 21:27:39 GMT
so... what's extraclean?  i see it in apr-util, but there's no target it
for it at the root of httpd.

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Our distclean and cvsclean setup is still a b it wrong.

oh neat i didn't even realise there was a cvsclean already, i was actually
making a suggestion we create one :)

> > here's the result of "find . -newer ../timestamp -type f":
> >
> > 	./modules/aaa/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/dav/fs/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/dav/main/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/cache/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/echo/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/experimental/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/filters/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/generators/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/http/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/loggers/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/mappers/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/metadata/modules.mk
> > 	./modules/proxy/modules.mk
>
> In general, any modules.mk file is generated by configure, and should be
> removed by distclean.

i'll fix these.

> > 	./srclib/apr-util/build/config.guess
> > 	./srclib/apr-util/build/config.sub
> > 	./srclib/apr-util/build/ltconfig
> > 	./srclib/apr-util/build/ltmain.sh
>
> These should just be removed.  APR-util requires APR to be installed, or
> it won't work at all.  If that is true, then these four files should just
> be found in the APR directory.

removed in what sense?  removed from CVS?

> > 	./srclib/apr-util/build/rules.mk

the apr-util/build foo are already listed in EXTRACLEANFILES ... but
i'm not sure what extraclean is all about yet.

> > 	./srclib/apr-util/test/Makefile
> > 	./srclib/apr-util/export_vars.sh
> > 	./support/apxs
> > 	./support/apachectl

fixing these (all are for distclean).

> > 	./newer
> > 	./mkinstalldirs
> > 	./missing
> > 	./config.nice
>
> config.nice is generated by configure, but it is a copy of the exact
> command used when running configure.  Cleaning this with distclea is a
> mistake IMHO, because this provides a very easy way to duplicate your last
> configuration.  For example, you could go in and just tweak this file to
> use the prefork MPM, and not have to type everything in again.  The other
> three need to be investigated.

ok leaving config.nice.  newer was one of my own files.  mkinstalldirs
and missing are weirdos which are just touched by the makefiles... anyhow
i'm putting them into distclean.

i'll commit fixes for distclean foo... and try cvsclean at some point.
still need guidance for extraclean.

-dean