httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: AddOutputFilter enhancement
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:54:31 GMT

> > IMHO, a complete re-org of the filter directives is required.  I believe I
> > have outline this on the list before, but I will explain it more now.
> >
> > This is a three directive combination.
> >
> > 1)  SetupFilterStack   Stack_name   filter1 filter2 etc
> > 2)  AddFilterStack     Stack_name   extension1 extension2 etc
> > 3)  SetFilterStack     Stack_name   mime-type1 mime-type2 etc
>
> This doesn't mean anything to me - would you like to add some
> explanation to your explanation?

The idea is to clean up the interface a bit.  Basically, directive #1
would define a filter stack, which could then be used in the other
two.  The other two directives are basically just like AddType and
SetType, except instead of associating a mime-type with an extension or a
handler, it associates a defined filter stack with either a mime-type or
an extension.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131