httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/file_io/win32 filestat.c dir.c
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:51:46 GMT

> > I really hope you mean one stat per file, per request.  When doing a
> > directory walk, we will need to stat each component.  There is no way
> > around that.
> >

> What is a component?

For example (on Unix because it is easier for me to think this way, sorry,
and I'm not sure if c:/ is a component or not  :-)

/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mumble/foo/bar.html

has either 7 or 4 components.  I would hope that we start counting at
DocumentRoot, which means this has 4 components, and we are likely to need
one stat for each.  This is especially true if FollowSymLinks is off.  I
define one component to be one element of a path.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131