httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: beta?
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:02:07 GMT

Brian reported a bug of the server not restarting cleanly with a SIGWINCH
or SIGHUP.  I believe I have just solved this problem.  The overall
problem should have taken the server down pretty quickly.  Basically, when
the server was restarted, we left a while loop, and the child process
ended up running code that only the parent process is supposed to run.

I have now restarted the web server correctly using the prefork MPM
multiple times on my machine.  If at all possible, I would like this patch
in the re-build of the server tonight.  Without it, the server just won't
be able to rotate logs correctly.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131