httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: beta?
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:02:23 GMT

> > I understand that, but remember, that these features, and things that
> > people said we couldn't go beta without.  Dean and Bill said we couldn't
> > go beta with the ap_r* performance we had.  We absolutely can't go beta
> > with seg faults whenever we make byterange requests.  I would prefer if we
> > didn't go beta if people can't write useful modules.
>
> Personally, I would prefer to be running a threaded mpm on apache.org
> before going beta, and a useful mod_status output, but I won't push it.

mod_status is a big PITA with the MPMs.  The threaded MPM should take a
few hours, just enough time to test that SuEXEC is working correctly.  The
biggest problem with running the threaded MPM on apache.org, is finding
and fixing seg faults when something does go wrong.  Although, it is
possible, since the biggest issues should be with protocol, not threading.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131