httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: beta?
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:54:08 GMT

> Have a gander over in /usr/local/apache2/corefiles on apache.org, then -
> so far I've reaped about 100 core files, and they're readable by anyone on
> the system.  It's infrequent enough that I've not put 1.3 back up, but
> it's often enough that it's worth looking into.

I have just looked at 13 core files.  Wow, they all died at the exact same
location.  :-)  The problem is easy, although I haven't actually traced
any code, so I'm not sure how to fix it yet.  The problem is that we have
a HEAD request, and now content-length in headers_out.  The problem is we
do a apr_table_get(r->headers_out, "Content_Length"), and then do a
strcmp on that value.  If that's NULL......  BOOM!

I should have a fix in a few minutes.  Brian, we should update the server
later tonight to catch this, and a simple protocol error that was caught
yesterday.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131