httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject beta?
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2001 07:41:35 GMT

We are now running 2.0 on apache.org.  The code should be relatively
stable at this point.  I am not really sure what Roy's new release model
means for betas, but I want one, ASAP.

So, here is what I would ask for.  There are a couple of patches still out
there.  Let's do what it takes to commit them over the next week, and in
the first week of February, the week of 5th, let's shoot for a beta
release.  I would suggest we do it next week, but I believe a lot of us
will be in NY for LinuxWorld.

I will volunteer to be RM, including taking a stab at Roy's new model if
he would like me to.  What that means, is that I would roll a tarball on
Monday of this week, and again Moday the 5th, and the 12th.  The first
tarball we have of beta quality gets named a beta.  At least, that is how
I understand the process.  Roy, am I right?  Obviously, this would also
require some changes to the code, so that we can easily change our current
version.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131