httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Flame bait: Apache-2.0 on Unix is almost unusable.
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:55:00 GMT

> > Some of the bugs may be the platform you are on, especially if you are
> > using threads.  That doesn't mean FreeBSD doesn't support Apache 2.0, but
> > FreeBSD has some known problems with threads and some functions, so we are
> > trying our best to work around those problems, and many of these problems
> > may go away if you use the prefork MPM.
>
> Thanks -- will try!

The big thing I am thinking of, is the truncated file.  This is a known
problem when using sendfile with some versions of FreeBSD.  I thought we
had tracked them all down, but this may be another version that needs to
be hacked into configure.in.  :-)

Thanks for the good info Martin.

Ryan

406 29th St.