httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: ap_r* performance patch
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:47:47 GMT

> Differences:
>
> o Generality
>
>   * Victor's patch only buffers the Apache ap_r* APIs.
>   * Greg's patch could be used by other users of Apache filters

This is not true.  Because of how the filter is declared, it can only be
used by ap_r* functions.  Making it any other way enhances the chance that
the filter will not be in the right place for ap_r*.

> o Out-of-order data problem with mixed APIs
>
>   * Greg's patch is designed to accomodate mixing ap_r* and bucket
> brigade API calls without relying on the module explicitly flushing the
> buffer.
>   * Victor and Ryan's patches both require explicit flushes.

This too is untrue.  I have already explained how this could be done
without an explicit call.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131