httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: Apache 2.0 beta STATUS
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:12:45 GMT

> >Using apr_brigade_flush() function, it is possible to mix the API's
> >
> >It looks like an API that programmers are used to.  There is a
> >buffered
> >and a non-buffered API.  The direct bucket calls are unbuffered, the
> >brigade calls are buffered.  If you want to switch from buffered to
> >unbuffered, you have to call apr_brigade_flush.
>
> Shouldn't that be ap_rflush()?

Yes and now.  ap_rflush does do a brigade flush, but it also does other
stuff.  If you go from the ap_r* functions to a direct ap_bucket
manipulation, you are much better off calling apr_brigade_flush directly.

> >apr_brigade_flush is incredibly inexpensive.  If it is called and
> >isn't needed, it is a single if and a return.
>
> ap_rflush() is more expensive than apr_brigade_flush().
>
> Also, wouldn't the user have to do:
>
> if(r->bb) {
>      apr_brigade_flush(r->bb);
> }

Most of the time that if statement won't be required.  We can even set it
up so that the brigade_flush() call is never needed.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131