httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support apxs.in
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 02:02:42 GMT
On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> Meta-question: *why* does APXS spit out a sample module? Isn't that what we
> have mod_example for?

i assume its for the quick 'hey-it-works' factor, the embedded docs
explain howto configure and ping with lynx.  mod_example is huge, the apxs
generated module is a nice tiny bare-bones starting point.

> IMO, we should toss that "feature" from APXS.

i think its useful, and just as easy to rip out if you don't need
it.  wouldn't complain much if it went away though, i just wanted apxs to
work again.

> >   +static void %NAME%_register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
> >   +{
> >   +    ap_hook_handler(%NAME%_handler, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_LAST);
> >   +}
>
> Should be APR_HOOK_MIDDLE.

fixed.