httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Both ap_r* patches.
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:05:24 GMT

> > I'm not too conerned with the performance differences.  The two patches
> > seem to have about the same performance when the code is working.  Bugs we
> > can fix after the commit.  The question is really the design of the two
> > patches.  Either we use a filter, or we use a brigade API.
>
> all i can really offer at the moment is feedback on performance and
> functionality.  i know just enough about filters to use the api, not
> enough to comment on the design of each patch.  i'm too clueless to debug
> greg's patch, but i could write a C version of the Perl Apache::rwrite
> exercise if that helps at all.

BTW, I just fixed a performance problem in my patch.  You were calling
ap_rwrite, which was calling ap_brigade_puts under the covers.  That means
that although you were passing in a length, I was calling strlen.  That's
fixed on my machine now.  I have always realized that there were some
performance problems with my patch, but I just wanted to put the idea out
there, before I spend time making it better.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131