httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Both ap_r* patches.
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:18:38 GMT

> the results show greg's faster, however, that is due to a bug, missing
> lots of data (notice document length and transfered bytes).  the output
> with rbb.new patch is exactly the same if i run the output loop(s) outside
> of apache.

I'm not too conerned with the performance differences.  The two patches
seem to have about the same performance when the code is working.  Bugs we
can fix after the commit.  The question is really the design of the two
patches.  Either we use a filter, or we use a brigade API.

> i also just realized i'm not calling ap_rflush() at all, but i don't think
> that is required for this test case, is it?

ap_rflush shouldn't be required at all, in any case.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131