httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: [Patch]:Move SSI "exec" directive support from mod_include to mod_cgi(d).
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2001 21:44:46 GMT

> > Okay, could you explain how this works if the module is built into the
> > core?  Would that just be part of the macro?
>
> I don't think I understand the question. But probably it would be part
> of the macro, yes.
>
> Ah. Ack. I presume that if we _don't_ use DSO, then the dso symbol
> lookup isn't going to work. So we're back to the idea of "reverse hooks"
> (and I promise I won't call them that!), with the function being
> registered in the core.

Yeah, basically, the dso_sym works if we can look in the mod_include.so
file, but if it is compiled into the core, then where do we look.  I guess
we could do a fall back, where we always start looking in mod_foo.so, and
if it isn't there, then we check httpd.  I'm not sure how I like that, but
since you have designed the whole thing so far, I leave this in your more
than capable hands Ben.  Thanks for taking this on.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131