httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:57:49 GMT

>   -    2.0b1   : Scheduled to release December 26, 2000
>   +    2.0b1   : Scheduled to release End of January, 2001

I wanted to update this, but I didn't have a date.  Can we shoot for a
beta data of either January 26, 27, 28, or 29?

>        * toss the AddModule directive. we add all prelinked modules
>          automatically, and the LoadModule directive now implies
>          AddModule. so... there is no point to it any more.
>   +        RBB says:  We do not add all prelinked modules back after
>   +                   a clear module list.  If we remove AddModule, we
>   +                   also need to remove ClearModuleList, because
>   +                   it wouldn't make any sense.

I am willing to remove these directives today, but I have a very quick
question before I do so.  What does this mean for config directives?  I am
thinking of the following situation (and yes this is an issue for me):

http_core implements a given directive, let's just use MaxRequestsPerChild
for arguments sake.

Mod_rbb is going to do something strange based on that directive.

Currently, as long as MaxRequestsPerChild is after the LoadModule for
mod_rbb, I can intercept that directive, and both mod_rbb and http_core
get a shot at it.  Does removing AddModule remove that ability too?

I don't think so, but I want to be sure.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131