httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: [Patch]:Move SSI "exec" directive support from mod_include to mod_cgi(d).
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:23:53 GMT

> > > So, moving on, I presume that there's a desire to avoid using the
> > > standard dl stuff to do this (i.e. dlsym()) - why? Shouldn't APR provide
> > > a facility to call (or not, as the case may be) a dynamically loaded
> > > function? Or is this something that tends to not be portable?
> >
> > APR already provides apr_dso_sym.  I guess we could do something as simple
> > as:
> >
> > if (modp = ap_find_linked_module("mod_include")) {
> >     apr_dso_sym(&foo, modp->dynamic_handle, "ap_register_include_handler");
> >     if (foo) {
> >         foo(....);
> >     }
> >     else {
> >         /* how do we get the symbol if the module was compiled into the
> >          * core?
> >          */
> >     }
> > }
> >
> > That would probably work.  Now, we just throw that into a macro, and use
> > it.  Unfortunately, this removes type-saftey, doesn't it.  That was
> > something we were trying to avoid.
>
> Typesafety gets added by making foo a pointer to a function of
> appropriate type! Again, we probably want to macro-ize that.

Okay, could you explain how this works if the module is built into the
core?  Would that just be part of the macro?

> Where's Paul's patch? It'd help to know what I'm aiming at. Sadly it may
> not be today, I have to do stuff with the kids and I have a massive
> hangover, to boot.

Paul's patch was the very first message in this thread, and it was posted
to new-httpd.  If you still can't find it, let me know and I'll forward it
to you privately.  No worries about getting it done today.  If this patch
doesn't go in until after the beta, everything will still work.  All we
are doing is fixing a small hole that most people won't use anyway, so I'm
okay releasing a beta with this bug.  We can fix it immediately after the
beta.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131