httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Apache 2.0 beta STATUS
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2001 07:12:59 GMT

This is a simple STATUS message for the beta.

1)  We are currently running the entire Apache.org site on Apache 2.0 on
port 8092.  I am talking to Brian about the steps required to move this to
port 80.  I fully expect this to happen soon-ish, assuming we can prove
that we are stable now.  The biggest stumbling block, is that Apache 2.0
HEAD is not running on any known production server, and the last time we
turned it on live on apache.org, we took the machine down.  That
experience may take a little while for some people to get over.

2)  We have 1 patch that must be committed before we go beta.  That is the
ap_r* performance patch.  There are two patches that have been submitted,
and I asked for a vote to end tomorrow morning.  Unfortunately, nobody has
voted for either patch at this point.  I am asking that people review
these patches, and vote for one of them.  I had planned to commit one of
the patches tomorrow afternoon.  I will not commit either patch until at
least three people (other than Greg and I) vote for a patch.  Please
review them and ask any questions you might have.

3)  That's it.  We are still in feature freeze, and I suspect that there
are bugs on non-Unix platforms that still need to be worked out.  I don't
believe that there are any more _features_ that MUST be committed before
we go beta.

I would really like to move this forward now.  It would be REALLY cool to
get the beta out before the end of the month if that is at all
possible.  I am willing to do whatever is necessary to make that happen.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131