httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Apache 2.0 on apache.org.... again
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 21:50:55 GMT

Because I am interested in hammering the bugs out of apache 2.0, I have
begun to run apache 2.0 on apache.org:8092.  I am fully confidant that
this will not take the machine down anymore, and we need to find the seg
faults if any exist.

You will notice I have not replaced the 1.3 server, I am just adding a
server to the machine.  I have also been running a simple test against
this server.  Thanks to Jon Travis (a covalent employee), I have a simple
python script that reads an apache.org access log, and duplicates those
requests.  I have 79047 lines from Apache's access logs, and I am running
those requests against the 2.0 server.

I tried to duplicate the entire apache.org site on my machine, but I just
don't have enough disk space.  I really did try.  Sorry.  :-)

This server will be up and done over the next few days, as I find bugs and
fix them in the setup.  I would ask that if you are going to surf the
apache.org site, try port 8092 first.  If it works, you will be helping us
to drive bugs out of the server.

Right now, the 2.0 server is down while I get the suexec setup
correct.  Should be down for about twenty minutes, and then I will put it
back up.  If anybody dislikes this idea, please let me know and I will
take remove the 2.0 server.

Thank you,

Ryan
406 29th St.