httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: [horape: Re: general/7099: ipv6 support]
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:25:56 GMT

> BTW 2, is there some list for the people working with apache and ipv6?
> new-httpd seems to have too much traffic for me...

This is the only Apache development mailing list.  Sorry.

> > Yes, in 2.0. There are some patches available for 1.3 from
> > the KAME project <http://www.kame.net>.
>
> Is something special needed to make the server listen on ipv6
> with 2.0?

Nope, it shouldn't just work, assuming you don't have any listen
directives telling the server to only listen on the IPv4 address.  You
could try adding a listen directive for the IPv6 address, but it shouldn't
be necessary.

> I knew about kame patches but i'm interested in mainstream
> apache supporting it.

It is very unlikely that this will ever be supported by 1.3.  Apache 1.3
is about to move into a bug-fix development cycle.  The group has been
primarily focused on 2.0 for the last year, and we just don't have the
bandwidth to do both.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131