httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: [Patch]:Move SSI "exec" directive support from mod_include to mod_cgi(d).
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 21:06:12 GMT

> > I have reviewed this patch, and I am -1 for it's inclusion right now.  I
> > have two major problems with it.
> >
> > 1)  This won't link unless both cgi(d) and include modules are
> > present.  Until we figure out how to allow a module to have a function
> > that other modules can call even if the module isn't there, this patch
> > can't go it.
>
> What? Isn't that what my hooks stuff did?

Close.  There were two problems, you solved the second.  :-)  The problem
you solved, is that one module needs to be able to implement a hook that
another module is going to use.  For example, in EAPI mod_SSL implements a
hook that mod_proxy uses.

The second problem is a bit different.  One module implements a function
that another module uses.  This is the problem we are talking about
here.  In this case, mod_include implements ap_register_include_handler,
and mod_cgi(d) needs to use this function.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131