httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Beta.
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:29:49 GMT

> does feature freeze mean no API changes to fix the problems i pointed out
> with code that uses rprintf/rputs?  i'd be -1 on beta in that case.

feature freeze means no more features before the beta.  Afterwards, we can
work on this again.

> i know there's been some responses from folks on that topic, but nothing
> looks like anyone has a final answer.  i'm not convinced that the
> performance problems can be solved given the current API.  as i mentioned
> a long long time ago, this is an API i've worked with on another project,
> and i ended up removing it to eliminate the performance problems that you
> guys are now experiencing.

Dean, we know the API's don't mesh well.  The problem is that when we were
implementing the buckets, we were told we couldn't change the ap_r*
function's APIs.  Those two things just don't work together.  Either the
buckets API's need to change, or the ap_r* functions need to change.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131