httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Grief, but good grief?
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2001 04:52:08 GMT

> Give you an example, you download libfoo.so.  How on earth are you supposed
> to know it's actually foo.c, mod_foo.c, or foobar.c?
>
> You don't.  You have the docs.  They document three different things
> and it's easy to cross them up.  They _could_ document just two entries.
>
> I'll ack that it's programmatically tricky or more work.  I'll sleep on
> that half of this issue.

If you can solve the programmatic part of the problem, you have my +1.  I
just don't see how to do this without forcing module authors to put the
structure name actually in the structure, which I dislike.  At least if
it's the .c file name, we can be sure that they won't forget it.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131