httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Grief, but good grief?
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2001 04:22:52 GMT

> LoadModule foo_module modules/mod_foo.so
>
> <IfModule foo.c>
>
> Isn't this a bit bogus to continue forever in perpetuity?
>
> We have a chance to make a CLEAN BREAK from the nonsense.
> Specifically, use foo_module for the friggin <IfModule> test.
>
> [If you didn't guess, yes, it bit me tonight, for the third
> time in a year.]
>
> What say we?  Pre beta2?  Never?

Just a question, but how would you go about doing this?  Currently, it is
possible because we store the file name in the module structure.  This is
done with a macro so that module authors don't even know we are doing it.

How would you store the structure name without letting the module authors
know?

I guess it makes sense to me that we are saying "If the module in the file
foo.c is loaded", instead of "If the module referred to as foo_module".

How do real users, not programmers mind you, know the name of the module
structure?  Obviously, we always have this problem because of the
LoadModule command, but the .c file just makes more sense to me.  All my
opinion of course.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131