httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: [Patch]:Move SSI "exec" directive support from mod_include to mod_cgi(d).
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:11:10 GMT

> By the way, mod_include will build and work without mod_cgi(d). This would
> make sense if the user didn't want any execing.
>
> As for the other way around (mod_cgi(d) without mod_include). Doesn't mod_include
> get built in by default. Under what conditions would someone build Apache
> with cgi support but not SSI support?
>
> I realize you are concerned about a bigger more general problem, but does
> it really apply here?

Yes, it does apply here.  Take this example:

both mod_include and mod_cgi are shared objects.  All of a sudden,
mod_include MUST be loaded before mod_cgi.

As for the fact that mod_include is a default module, so is mod_cgi.  It
doesn't matter.  This is a bug that we can't release a beta with.  As
things stand now, the server works, even if we would like to see some
of the organization change.

Why is this an issue?  We are hoping to get the beta out the door VERY
quickly, so delaying the patch until we release the beta really shouldn't
be a big deal.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131