httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Bucket/brigade re-use pool.
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:02:38 GMT
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Paul J. Reder wrote:

> The previously discussed re-use pool for buckets/brigades was the next thing
> that I was going to work on (before the code freeze came up). Does this count
> as frozen development, or is this something I can work on?

We are in code freeze.  This is not a bug, it is an optimization.  Feel
free to work on it, but it will not be committed until after the
beta.  This patch takes a real chance of de-stabilizing the server, which
is what we are trying to avoid.  The goal here is to get the server to the
point that we can get to beta.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131