httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: [Patch]:Move SSI "exec" directive support from mod_include to mod_cgi(d).
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:33:21 GMT

I have reviewed this patch, and I am -1 for it's inclusion right now.  I
have two major problems with it.

1)  This won't link unless both cgi(d) and include modules are
present.  Until we figure out how to allow a module to have a function
that other modules can call even if the module isn't there, this patch
can't go it.

2)  We need to be in feature freeze.  This patch must wait until after the

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Paul J. Reder wrote:

> The following patch moves the "exec cgi" and "exec cmd" logic from mod_include
> to mod_cgi and mod_cgid. As much duplicate code as possible was removed in the
> process.
> We now have the first example of an external module registering as an SSI
> directive handler with the mod_include code.
> This patch is based from the CVS repository as of 1/11/2001 around noon.
> The only thing I'm not sure of is what the preferred way to include the
> mod_include.h file in mod_cgi(d).c.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131