httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Beta Status. :-)
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:25:35 GMT

> To clarify:

No.

> Apache 2.0 is running on port 8092.
>
> port 80 is still Apache 1.3.15-dev.

Apache 1.3.15-dev is on port 80.  Apache 2.0 should not be running right
now.

> > Requesting pages from the error log will stress the server, but I don't
> > believe it is necessarily useful, given that we can't seem to access the
> > server when it is on port 8092.
>
> Run the script locally (heck, that is where the logs are). That should
> provide some information about the server's stability.

I don't want to put that much load on apache.org.  I am not talking about
the stress, I am talking about having Apache 1.3, Apache 2.0, and the
stress tool all running on the same box.  That just isn't a fair test if
we are really going to load the server down.

Understand, that I have now server hundreds of thousands of requests,
without hurting my machine's performance.  And that's on a Celeron
400.  The problem now is find the seg faults and fix them.  I don't
believe that running on apache.org is going to help that.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131