httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Beta Status. :-)
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 05:49:39 GMT

> Greg brought up the idea of using the access logs
> to run a replay test against the 2.0 server.  Probably a Perl
> script that extracts the URI, status, and size from the logfile,
> and then makes the request against the 8092 server (or a
> mirrored environment somewhere else).  When the replay gives
> the same results, happiness.

Just as some information.  I have been unable to get the server responding
on port 8092, from any machine other than the actual machine.  I have
turned Apache 2.0 on, on  It works, and it doesn't hurt the
machine.  There is a seg fault that is happening.  I believe the seg fault
happens on the Jakarta site, but that is a feeling, with no real proof.  I
have basically setup on my laptop, and I will find the seg

Requesting pages from the error log will stress the server, but I don't
believe it is necessarily useful, given that we can't seem to access the
server when it is on port 8092.

This is just meant as information, no opinion here at all.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message