httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/winnt mpm_winnt.c
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 16:36:55 GMT

> I was mulling the same issue over yesterday. It seems to me that we
> _should_ be giving any specific match first shot. One way to do
> this is to specify AP_HOOK_LAST for any handlers that have wildcards.
> Question though, do we need to ensure foo/* get its shot before */* ?

A)  Specifying AP_HOOK_LAST won't work unless we separate the checks into
two functions, so that we have something like:

    if(!strcmp(SPECIFIC, r->handler)

    if (!strcmp_match(GENERAL, r->handler)

ap_hook_handler(ap_hook_1, NULL, NULL, AP_HOOK_MIDDLE)
ap_hook_handler(ap_hook_2, NULL, NULL, AP_HOOK_LAST)

While this will work, it is really bad, and I seriously dislike it, a lot.

b)  We never used to distinguish between foo/* and */* when ordering our
matches before, so we don't need to do it now.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message