httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: NO_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT?
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2001 18:48:52 GMT

I have been told threads in general on older FreeBSD machines.  Again, I
have no real proof to support this, but we already turn off sendfile for
all FreeBSD 4.1 machines or less.  Does sendfile() work properly on your
3.4 box?  You will have to hand-edit some files to make sure.

Ryan

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Hmmm. Is it just threads and Apache 2.0, or threads in general.
> Prelim testing on a 3.4 machine shows no problems specifically
> with threads, and other threaded apps (like MySQL) are
> robust. :/

> > > *all* FreeBSD before 4.2?
> >
> > That is what I have been told.  That doesn't mean it is necessarily true,
> > it is an opinion.  We already know of some issues with sendfile and
> > threads in 4.1 however.
> >
> > Ryan

> > Ryan Bloom                        	rbb@apache.org
> > 406 29th St.
> > San Francisco, CA 94131
> >

> --
>    Jim Jagielski   [|]   jim@jaguNET.com   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/
>           "Casanova will have many weapons; To beat him you will
>               have to have more than forks and flatulence."

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131