httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: NO_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT?
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2001 17:57:21 GMT

> > Take a look at hints.m4.  That's where we should have defined values like
> > this in 2.0.  I'm not sure that NO_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT is used anywhere, but
> > I haven't checked.
>
> Actually, it seems that threading and FreeBSD 3.2 just don't get on too
> well. I'm going to give up and use prefork instead...
>
> Didn't we know this already? Is there some way to make things complain
> if we try to do this?

Tony has mentioned that threading on FreeBSD before 4.2-STABLE is a
relatively bad thing to do.  I will look into generating an error when
somebody tries to configure threads for a FreeBSD before 4.2.  I won't be
able to test it though, because all of my FreeBSD machines are running
4.2.  If I post a patch, could you see if it works?

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131