httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: make distclean
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2001 00:44:24 GMT

> > Yeah, I figured that out when I actually tried to remove them.  However,
> > this problem goes away when/if we libtoolize APR.  At that point, we can
> > stop calling libtoolize in apr-util's buildconf.sh, and apr-util's
> > configure.in can be modified to use $APR_SOURCE_DIR/helpers as the
> > AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR.  Once those two things are done, libtool won't expect
> > them in build/ and we won't need to create these files at all.
>
> Hrm... yah, that might just be doable.

Actually, I want to do the same thing for Apache too, but all of this
requires APR to use libtool.  :-)  I just think that trying to maintain
multiple sets of the same file is a bad idea, especially once we start
modifying the config.guess and config.sub files to support platforms that
aren't in the stock distribution, like OS X.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131