httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: make distclean
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 21:36:16 GMT
On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, dean gaudet wrote:

> so... what's extraclean?  i see it in apr-util, but there's no target it
> for it at the root of httpd.

Sorry, extraclean is cvsclean.  :-)  Like I said, we aren't exactly
correct with what we do.  It would probably be more precise to see that we
have just started to make this work correctly.

> > > 	./srclib/apr-util/build/config.guess
> > > 	./srclib/apr-util/build/config.sub
> > > 	./srclib/apr-util/build/ltconfig
> > > 	./srclib/apr-util/build/ltmain.sh
> >
> > These should just be removed.  APR-util requires APR to be installed, or
> > it won't work at all.  If that is true, then these four files should just
> > be found in the APR directory.
>
> removed in what sense?  removed from CVS?

I believe these are generated by buildconf, which is what needs to
stop.  If you want to ignore these, I'll get to them later today.

> > > 	./newer
> > > 	./mkinstalldirs
> > > 	./missing
> > > 	./config.nice
> >
> > config.nice is generated by configure, but it is a copy of the exact
> > command used when running configure.  Cleaning this with distclea is a
> > mistake IMHO, because this provides a very easy way to duplicate your last
> > configuration.  For example, you could go in and just tweak this file to
> > use the prefork MPM, and not have to type everything in again.  The other
> > three need to be investigated.
>
> ok leaving config.nice.  newer was one of my own files.  mkinstalldirs
> and missing are weirdos which are just touched by the makefiles... anyhow
> i'm putting them into distclean.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131