httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: acinclude.m4 vs. aclocal.m4
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 21:08:45 GMT

This is one of those things that I hate about our build
system.  aclocal.m4 is generated from acinclude.m4.  acinclude.m4 is never
used by anything.  There should definately by a warning at the top of
aclocal.m4.  Even better, would be making sure that we really need both.

Ryan

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, dean gaudet wrote:

> both acinclude.m4 and aclocal.m4 appear to define APACHE_MODPATH_INIT and
> a few others in exactly the same way...
>
> should both those definitions exist?
>
> aclocal.m4 appears to be a generated file (just judging by looking at
> timestamps, i haven't figured out what generates it yet).  maybe it should
> have a big warning at the top?
>
> -dean

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131