httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Beta Status. :-)
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 00:59:46 GMT

One more update.  :-)

I have now successfully run Apache on my machine without taking the
machine down.  Basically, I have run 100000 requests with a concurrency of
100, both static files and auto-index, and the machine just keeps
going.  My swap space is not shrinking quickly either.

This is a beautiful thing.  Because of this success, I plan to move
apache.org to Apache 2.0 either late tonight or tomorrow evening.  I am
going to a 5:40 movie with my wife, and if I get home with enough
time/desire, I will move us over tonight.

The only thing that is not moving, is the stuff that relies on
Tomcat.  For right now, that will be a redirect to a 1.3 server on a
high port.  Once Apache 2.0 is actually running, we can look to putting
Tomcat on it.  I am not afraid that Tomcat doesn't work, I am afraid that
changing too much at one time could mask some bugs.

I would ask again that people are patient with apache.org as we make the
move.  If the server is down, please copy me in on the e-mail notifying
brian.  I am very committed to making this work.  :-)

Ryan