httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Canonical Names in 2.0
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 00:43:01 GMT
On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, David Reid wrote:

> I've said it before (and I'm saying it again) but I think we should wait
> until Bill's done on this stuff before we go beta.  His stuff will mean a
> fair few changes and we want to be sure it all works as expected before we
> go beta.
> 
> If Bill's got a timeline we could always set a date to aim at now that we
> seem to be resolving the other issues.  This should give us time to hammer
> it and run it on apache for a period to make sure we're happy.
> 
> Just my 2p again...

I agree, it would be really nice to wait.  However, we have been waiting
for a long time to release a beta.  I do believe we are close to being
able to run Apache on apache.org.  If OtherBill gets the canonical name
stuff done, let's put it in, if not, it can wait till beta 2.  At some
point, we have to say we have enough in this beta, and the rest of the
fixes will wait for beta 2.

Ryan

_______________________________________________________________________________
Ryan Bloom                        	rbb@apache.org
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Mime
View raw message