httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Beta Status. :-)
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2001 20:57:53 GMT

Sascha has run Apache 2.0 through Purify, and it looks like the leak we
were seeing is cleared up now.  I figure that cleaning the transient
buckets properly has stopped us from leaking about 1k per auto-index
request.

I still want to test HEAD on my machines and try to kill my box.  If I
can't and I see that the memory leak has stopped happening, then I will be
putting Apache 2.0 on www.apache.org later tonight.

If I can kill my box, or the leak is obviously still there, then we go
back to investigating the problem.

I will send more mail when I have an answer.  I would ask that people
begin to go through the STATUS file, and clean up those things that need
to be fixed ASAP.  Once we are running Apache 2.0 on apache.org, I will be
asking for four +1's to go beta.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131