httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject "because it's christmas"
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2001 04:54:12 GMT

[taz3] 8:10pm ~ > telnet apache.org 80
Trying 64.208.42.41...
Connected to apache.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
HEAD / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 04:10:28 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0b1-dev (Unix)
Last-Modified: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 19:00:04 GMT
ETag: "24d0e-1503-c1105500"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Tada!  Thanks to the patches made after the last run (fixing the byterange
requests on HEAD, etc) and some help from gregames, the new server is
running on port 80 on apache.org.  The only two things not working on the
last server are Tomcat (now relayed directly to Tomcat's built-in HTTP
server on port 8080) and ExtendedStatus.  It's using the prefork mpm, so
it's not quite testing the multithreading stuff, but I'd like to try that
next.  As it is, it's quite stable, and even to me, perceptably faster - I
use the home page for xml.apache.org as a benchmark thanks to the insane
number of inlined images.  =)

I'm going to try leaving it running for the evening, making sure it can
get restarted appropriately at midnight when we roll the logfiles.  If
people want to help monitor its health, tail the error_log, at
/logs/www/error_log.  Especially, if someone from each project could look
through that error log at all the broken links and start addressing them,
that would help at least reduce the noise in that log.

So far I've seen only one core file, I'll be collecting them and keeping
them in /usr/local/apache2 if anyone wants to look through them.  New ones
get deposited in /tmp.

Anyways, congrats to the whole 2.0 team for progress so far.  =)

	Brian