httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Allan Edwards" <...@meepzor.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/winnt mpm_winnt.c
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 20:30:49 GMT
> A)  Specifying AP_HOOK_LAST won't work unless we separate the checks into
> two functions, so that we have something like:
>
> ap_hook_1(...)
> {
>     if(!strcmp(SPECIFIC, r->handler)
>         real_handler
> }
>
> ap_hook_2(...)
> {
>     if (!strcmp_match(GENERAL, r->handler)
>         real_handler
> }
>
> real_handler(...)
> {
> }
>
> ap_hook_handler(ap_hook_1, NULL, NULL, AP_HOOK_MIDDLE)
> ap_hook_handler(ap_hook_2, NULL, NULL, AP_HOOK_LAST)
>
> While this will work, it is really bad, and I seriously dislike it, a lot.

Ah, I think I see what you are getting at now. The issue is not a
module that matches multiple handler types, but one that matches both
specific and wildcard values. Is there such a beast (maybe that was
your original question) -- other than default_handler which is
AP_HOOK_REALLY_LAST and therefore doesn't pose a problem?

Allan