httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cynic <cy...@mail.cz>
Subject RE: fatal error during copying the built files
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:01:27 GMT
I realized the problem was an old version of awk from
Cygwin B20:
bash-2.02$ awk-old --version
GNU Awk 3.0.3
With awk downloaded from http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/bwk/
it works fine.

The problem was in this line of makefile.win:
awk -f << ..\conf\httpd.conf-dist-win "$(INSTDIR)\conf\httpd.default.conf" "$(INSTDIR)"
awk refused to to produce a file in a path starting with '\'.
After change to
awk -f << ..\conf\httpd.conf-dist-win "d:$(INSTDIR)\conf\httpd.default.conf" "$(INSTDIR)"
                                       ^^
it worked fine. I don't know how to fix it for real (if it's
desirable to keep the makefile with that verision of awk), but
at least it's something.

Thanks for your help.

------end of quote------