httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: apache 2.0 on apache.org status
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:53:17 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > I'm delighted that Ryan's putting effort into mod_status and am willing to
> > wait for it.  Still also hopeful that we can try pthread or dexter.
>
> At this point, since mod_suexec works with mod_cgid cleanly, it should
> just be a re-build to use pthread or dexter.  I would suggest testing the
> restarts, but it should all just work.  :-)

Here's my plan:

1.  Prove stability with prefork + mod_cgi.  Should happen soon/easily,
barring other beta blockers.

2.  Once we're happy with #1, go with prefork + mod_cgid to shake down
Ryan's recent suexec work.

3.  Bring up pthread + mod_cgid and insure it's stable

4.  Beta??  What else *has* to be in Beta 1?

Greg