httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <har...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: beta?
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:10:43 GMT
James Sutherland wrote:
[snip]

> The question is, what "protocol" to use? Just sending a struct describing
> what's going on is one option; have each process send to a socket
> (UDP??) with the monitoring module/process running on?

This is solution that works.

However, I also miss still a protocol field in the
server_rec. If Apache can support multiple protocol
via protocol modules it is my opinion that each
server ('server_rec') needs to know which protocol
it serves.
This could be fixed by just adding an integer that
provides the well-known port as protocol identification.
The current 'port'-field in the server_rec is not
sufficient, since it provide the port to which it is
connected. When the standard HTTP-port (80) is used
the match to the protocol is perfect, but it is not
if I use port 8888 for the HTTP-port.

Harrie