httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Patch]:Move SSI "exec" directive support from mod_include to mod_cgi(d).
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2001 21:35:01 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > Typesafety gets added by making foo a pointer to a function of
> > appropriate type! Again, we probably want to macro-ize that.
>
> Okay, could you explain how this works if the module is built into the
> core?  Would that just be part of the macro?

I don't think I understand the question. But probably it would be part
of the macro, yes.

Ah. Ack. I presume that if we _don't_ use DSO, then the dso symbol
lookup isn't going to work. So we're back to the idea of "reverse hooks"
(and I promise I won't call them that!), with the function being
registered in the core.

Cheers,

Ben.

--