httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Patch]:Move SSI "exec" directive support from mod_include to mod_cgi(d).
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:52:22 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> I have reviewed this patch, and I am -1 for it's inclusion right now.  I
> have two major problems with it.
>
> 1)  This won't link unless both cgi(d) and include modules are
> present.  Until we figure out how to allow a module to have a function
> that other modules can call even if the module isn't there, this patch
> can't go it.

I understand the concern, but this was the design that was decided upon on
the list. In fact I had done an earlier implementation using hooks that
I don't think would have this problem, but was requested to go with the
direct call implementation instead.

> 2)  We need to be in feature freeze.  This patch must wait until after the
> beta.

I am not pleased about this. The code freeze is only hours old. This code
was done a week ago but was held up because Apache wouldn't build and because
the code had to be re-ported because of the hook changes (including the
problems with AddHandler that I commented on). This was discussed and agreed
to weeks ago, long before the code freeze was even discussed. I could also
argue that this is not a new feature, though I would have a harder time
arguing that this is just a bug fix ;).

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein