httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Beta Status. :-)
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:00:13 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> > Requesting pages from the error log will stress the server, but I don't
> > believe it is necessarily useful, given that we can't seem to access the
> > server when it is on port 8092.
>
> Run the script locally (heck, that is where the logs are). That should
> provide some information about the server's stability.

hmmmmm...but couldn't we stress a _replica_ of apache.org elsewhere,
using 2.0 and port 80?  We might be able to shake out other bugs.  It's
been useful in my past life.

That said, if the replica has to have jakarta, it might be more
complicated to create the replica that I thought.  Or maybe we could
ignore jakarta for Stress Test 0.1 and see if we can shake out anything.

Greg