httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: windows build & handler hook
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 22:37:40 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> It looks like the API is going to change again soon to stop passing the
> handler char * into the function.  Instead we would be using the
> r->handler field.

You can't step on that field without possibly unforeseen consequences.
Or maybe you can :-)

Anyway, the defacto meaning for that field is that it is set by
{Add,Set}Handler, so setting it for this may be a mistake. I'm +1 on a
reasoned argument that says its OK to do this, or, failing that, a new
field.

Cheers,

Ben.

--