httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Typesafe generic hooks - done!
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 11:11:38 GMT
"Roy T. Fielding" wrote:

> Please use the Apache style, and lose the hungarian accent.

OK, and why should I?

> > Tested. Works. Shall I commit it?
>
> *shrug* I have no idea what it does (and I've been reading this thread).
> A little code documentation would be helpful.

The code is documented - but you didn't see it. The example was pretty
self-explanatory if you know the existing hooking system.

What it does is provide type-safe hooks (i.e. just like ordinary hooks)
that can be hooked even if the exporter of the hook isn't linked in
(unlike ordinary hooks) - in which case the hooks simply aren't called.

> > BTW, I was wondering if I should start an "examples" module directory,
> > instead of them living in "experimental" as they currently do.
>
> No.  I removed it because all of our code are examples (far better ones
> than what was found in that directory).  Anything that isn't expected
> to be inserted into a production server should be in experimental.

Whatever.

Cheers,

Ben.

--