httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Re: beta?
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2001 09:55:24 GMT
On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 09:38:20AM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > Nope, -USR1 should have done it.  This is a bit annoying, we have to use
> > > two different signals, one for threaded versions, one for
> > > non-threaded.  Prefork uses SIGUSR1 because that's what 1.3
> > > did.  MPMT_pthread and dexter us SIGWINCH, because that doesn't collide
> > > with old versions of Linux.
> > >

> Joshua, you are preaching to the choir.  If we make them the same, it
> needs to be SIGWINCH.  I can do that easily enough, but I need more buy-in
> before I do.

I believe that SIGWINCH isn't available on all Unixes, so prefork
needs to stick with SIGUSR1.

I would support dropping support for threads under Linux 2.0 to make
SIGUSR1 available for everything.

Another alternative would be to add the Windows signalling flags ("-k
shutdown", "-k restart", etc. last I checked) to the Unix side, so
that we can use whatever signals we want. This has the added benefit
of eliminating a difference between Unix and Windows.